The JOHNS Family Tree
Johann Diedrich Carl Christian GODEMANN
- Father: Johann Peter Carl GODEMANN
- Mother: Anna Maria Elizabeth SEEMANN
- Spouse: Mary ?
- Child: Augustus Christopher GOODMAN
- Date: 28 JUL 1825
- Place: Satow, Mecklenburg, Germany
- Date: 21 SEP 1887
- Place: Lockport Junction, Niagara County, NY
- Note: OBITUARY John D. Goodman, late of Shawnee, the subject of this notice, was a native of Germany, having emigrated to this country in the year 1853. With him he brought a pair of willing hands and a brave heart, with when, by honest industry and untiring perseverence, he attained to a position of competency and well-earned ease. By his decease he bequeaths to his family not only the legacy of a good name, but an unencumbered estate of 80 acres. It was ever his study to be punctual in his business tranactions. Those who knew him best knew that they were dealing with an honest man. His death was as fearful and sudden as it was unexpected. He had gone to Lockport on Wednesday morning last to dispose of a load of apples. In returning while crossing the railway track on the Shawnee road he was run over by a passing train and killed instantlyas well as the horses he was driving. A person near the scene who witnessed the accident saw him turn his head in the direction of the coming cars. The next moment before even he could rein his horses he was hurled into eternity and his broken and mutilated body was scattered upon the track.